1.1 “Personal information” is any information or opinion (recorded in any form) about a person, whether true or not, from which that person may be identified.
1.2 Videfy collects personal information from its users via the Videfy website (Website) or when you email us or contact us by telephone or mail.
2.1 Videfy will not collect any personal information about visitors to the Website except when they knowingly provide it or as otherwise described below. For example, Videfy will collect personal information from users to its Website when they register to receive e-newsletters, enter competitions or surveys.
2.2 When you visit and browse the Website, Videfy’s Website host will collect personal information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes.
2.3 This information will not be used to identify you and may include:
· the number of users visiting the Website and the number of pages viewed;
· the date, time and duration of a visit; or
Mli> the path taken though the Website.
2.4 Videfy’s Website host uses this information to administer and improve the performance of the Website.
2.5 Cookies are small text files that are transferred to a user’s computer hard drive by a website for the purpose of storing information about a user’s identity, browser type or website visiting patterns.
2.6 If you access the Website, a cookie is downloaded onto your computer’s hard drive when you first log onto the Website and it is automatically deleted from your hard drive after a period of thirty days.
2.7 Web beacons are images that originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. Videfy does not currently use web beacons to track the visiting patterns of individuals accessing its Website.
3.1 Videfy collects or may collect the following kinds of information about users:
· ‘contact information’. This may include an email address where Videfy can contact you. It may also include your name, mobile phone number, other phone numbers or address details.
· Communications (by email or other means, which pass through the Videfy systems) between yourself and Videfy.
· Other personal information provided voluntarily by you. This could be in response to surveys, contests or online activities.
· Non-personally identifiable information, such as your IP address, browser type, pages visited etc. None of this information identifies you personally.
4.1 Videfy uses the information it collects from you for the primary purpose for which it is collected and for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose of collection. Videfy generally uses personal information to:
· Provide you with products or services you have requested.
· Direct marketing in relation to promotional activities where it is impracticable for Videfy to obtain your prior written consent. However, when Videfy does this, we will provide an express option for you to decline receiving any further marketing communications from Videfy, via an opt out mechanism. Videfy will only send you emails if you have elected to receive such emails in response to an email we have received from you.
5.1 Videfy discloses your information to its advertising and marketing agents, but only on terms requiring them to comply with this statement. If you do not wish to receive promotional information, you can contact Videfy at any stage in the future so that your name can be removed from its marketing lists.
5.2 Videfy may also disclose your personal information to its Website host and technology service providers in certain limited circumstances, for example, when the Website experiences a technical problem, to ensure that it operates in an effective and secure manner.
5.3 Otherwise, Videfy will not disclose any of your personal information to any other organisation unless the disclosure is required by law or is otherwise permitted by the National Privacy Principles.
7.1 Videfy aims to keep your personal information secure and up to date. Any personal information that is collected via the Website or which is held on Videfy’s computer systems is protected by safeguards including physical, technical (firewalls, SSL encryptions etc) and procedural methods.
7.2 Videfy does not collect sensitive or financial information about its users via the Website.
7.4 You can update your contact and profile information at any time by logging onto the Website and following the appropriate links.
8.1 You are entitled to access personal information that Videfy holds about you. If you request access to your personal information, we will grant your request unless providing you with access would unreasonably impact upon the privacy of others or is not otherwise permitted under the National Privacy Principles. If Videfy refuses your request to access your personal information, it will provide you with reasons for our refusal.
8.2 A request for access can be done in any of the following ways: